Great opportunity for an OPEX Lead in a great company in the Shannon or Galway area. This role sites on the Site Leadership team in a very busy manufacturing company, and will lead Opex activity across 2 sites.
This is a people management role and will have at least 6 direct reports.
Amazing opportunity for a Continuous improvement Lead to take on dual site responsibility
- Responsible for deploying Operational Excellence initiatives in the plant. Examples of programs and initiatives are Cost Saving Program, Class A, Workflow Lean Transformation, Quality Begins with Me, QIP, DMAIC Problem Solving, Lean Six Sigma, Total Productive Maintenance, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and execute the Operational Excellence Annual Deployment Plan (ADP)
- Assist site leadership team in selecting and prioritizing projects that align with plant goals and strategies.
- Responsible for the sustaining and execution of cost saving program, metric tracking and reports within the site.
- Ensure project tracking system and business results are maintain, and results are communicated/summarized monthly.
- Coach and mentor plant project and certification candidates to ensure their continued development in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and other CI Methodologies.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of the organization’s OpEx training at the site, in alignment with Corporate OpEx standards and guidelines (DMAIC/PDCA methodologies, Lean Six Sigma, Class A, TPM, Quality Begins with Me). Conduct ZBOS training as required.
- Evolve, improve and embed standard work across the sites with particular emphasis on how leadership coach and empower team members.
- Work with site leadership team to install organizational reinforcers for Operational Excellence (change management, reviews, communications, rewards, software, etc.)
- Facilitate and Coach Strategy Deployment and Value Stream Analysis Tools
- Own Enterprise Excellence Assessment action plan and participate as assessor in other sites assessments.
- Accountable to identify, lead, and implement, both personally and as team lead, CI High impact projects that result in site savings as defined as part of goals and objectives. Achievement of defined savings requirement will be part of annual performance expectations.
- Lead, manage, and communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Science and a minimum of 7 to 10 years’ progressive engineering/manufacturing experience including 3 or more in the direct management of group/team.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt / Black Belt certification desirable.