Manufacturing Engineer Shannon – Permanent. Fabulous hands-on challenging role, with wonderful progression available in this Global Medical Devices company
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision
- Establishing process methods which meet performance and quality requirements
- Establishing preliminary bill of materials and routers – establish optimal routings
- Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, clean and packaging.
- Sorting through options choosing the most appropriate processes and machining methods
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities
- Proficient in process development, CNC programming, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modeling software
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills;
- Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing
- Familiarity with control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and Deviation process.
- Familiarity with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills
- B.Sc. in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or other Engineering Science.
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
- Ability to handle project assignments of large scope and complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner