Brand new role – Galway – Site Sourcing Lead –
Amazing Supply chain Site Sourcing Lead role available in a multinational Manufacturing company.
Great role to develop and lead local sourcing department, experience of Purchasing, sourcing and project management . This role will be involved with NPI and demonstrate complex problem solving and leadership qualities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Align local activities with Corporate Sourcing strategy for all related commodities and procedures.
- Lead, develop and motivate a multi-skilled team and manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Manage buyer workloads to best support the business requirements
- Manage Sourcing / Purchasing KPIs. RCA downward trends.
- Set standard cost data on an annual basis. Report PPV monthly.
- Implement global commodity and supplier strategies to achieve challenging year-over-year cost reduction results through supplier collaboration and competition.
- Lead all Sourcing cost reduction programs.
- Ensure company profitability is maximized through the development and the use of the state-of-the-art purchasing, manufacturing, planning and inventory philosophies and methods.
- Foster cooperation and effective communications between Sourcing and other functions within and outside the organization.
- Communicate and assist in the resolution of all sourcing related issues: quality, stock outs, delivery issues, capacity constraints, specifications, etc.
- Develops contingency plans for assigned commodities and/or strategic suppliers
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Must have had at minimum 3 years’ experience sourcing management with a strong understanding of Purchasing tools and best practices
- Project management and team building skills. Acts as a change agent
- Advanced knowledge in control procedures, such as the Supplier Change Notification process, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Engineering Specifications, Inspection Criteria and Work Instructions
- Demonstrates ownership of and ability to lead projects with a broad scope and high level of complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner and within budget.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools.
- Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication exhibiting a high level technical expertise, tact and discretion, and keeps management appropriately informed
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, accounting or other business discipline (MBA preferred).
- Minimum 8 years of sourcing, planning, engineering or manufacturing process development experience. Experience in Medical Device field preferred.