A Scheduler is responsible for creating and updating the daily schedule at their site. This role will suit someone with the following skill:
Very good Excel skills
Experience working with new Suppliers
Experience working in Previous NPI or R&D projects
This is a super opportunity with good progression available for the right candidate in a Medical Devices Manufacturing Site in Shannon.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
• Responsibility for the production schedule and ensuring any issues which will impact its timely execution are communicated/escalated to the relevant stakeholders.
• Generate weekly schedules in sites scheduling software.
• Rescheduling as appropriate on a daily basis.
• Communicating to Operations Planning all issues impacting the Supply Plan.
• Participate in daily/weekly meetings where the schedule is concerned.
• Participate in the continual improvement of planning practices to ensure best in class production planning capability
• Collaborate within the Supply Chain function to ensure standard process are managed and adhered to.
• Monitor the integrity of data accuracy in the scheduling software.
• Lead Cost and Inventory related projects which support the delivery strategy for the site.
• Ensure Planning related reports are circulated/published in a timely manner.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
• Knowledge of supply chain planning and management
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and produce outputs on a regular, timely basis
• Understanding of end-to-end supply chain interactions, activities, and underlying interdependencies
• Ability to use analytical tools to issue, support, and execute decisions
• Analytical skills and ability to extract meaning information from various sources of data
• Ability to communicate effectively both upwards and across the organization
• Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills.
• Strong team player and demonstrated continuous improvement success.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
• 3rd Level Diploma Degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering ideally, APICS/CPIM preferred.
• 1+ years’ progressive work experience and responsibility within high-volume regulated manufacturing environment preferably medical devices.
• Strong MRP understanding and experience with one or more ERP integrated systems (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards,).
• Planning experience preferred
• In-depth knowledge of order management, planning, scheduling, purchasing and inventory control.
• Proficient with using Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.