Fabulous opportunity available in Co. Cork for a Head of Maintenance/Engineering Manager to lead a department. This Maintenance Manager will need will in-depth knowledge and experience in heavy industry with a proven track record in good manufacturing practice and lean principles.
Apply today for more details on this amazing opportunity in North Cork.
Call Rachel on 087 9669394 for details or feel free to send your cv firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead the Maintenance management team as well as a team of fitters and electricians to deliver high performance process efficiency in a modern well-invested facility.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and team management skills to ensure performance of people and equipment is optimised.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of asset Management, reliability, maintenance strategy, organisation and systems including planning, CMMS, preventive and condition-based maintenance.
- Ensure the Maintenance function operates to the site required Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Planning and developing PEMAC / CMMS systems to deliver maximum line/process efficiency including energy, plant services and utilities.
- Delivery of KPIs: downtime, uptime, PM schedules and workflow.
- PEMAC / CMMS utilisation from a scheduling, stores and purchasing perspective.
- Implement best plant practices in process engineering & maintenance systems involving new technology and design standards.
- Development of the Maintenance Team’s capability and skills, leading performance review, training and individual on the job coaching/mentoring and support to best industry standards.
- Responsible for cost management in the maintenance and engineering functions, delivering costs to weekly KPI budgets including energy and projects.
- Developing Maintenance Lean Systems using tools and techniques to meet continuous improvement targets that are critical to the success and delivery of a high-performance plant.
- Working with external Contractors and installations companies to complete in-house maintenance and project work to the required standards.
- Act as a key member of the Site Management Team involved in the strategic and day to day responsibilities of a modern high-performance facility.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Qualification in Engineering – mechanical & electrical background, or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ maintenance/engineering management experience is essential; sawmilling or heavy industry experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of maintenance strategies e.g. RCM, TPM, Asset Management desirable.
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Reduces complexity and increases efficiency in processes to maximise outcome/return.
- Leads by example, with a “can do” approach, passion, energy and a strong work ethic.
- Strong leadership and people management skill.
- Very strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Makes good decisions and delegates responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Understands the importance of managing and developing people.
- Creates a climate in which people can do their best.
- Open to change with a capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships.