PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Our cleints R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Process Development Engineer - Device Development
The Process Development Engineer will be responsible for leading the development of new manufacturing technologies in our Device Development product design and manufacturing business. During the development phase of the projects, he/she will work with the project development teams and during the product commercialisation with the product transfer team.
• Lead process development on development projects, working as part of the project team.
• Development and installation of new manufacturing and process technologies to support product development and product transfers.
• Apply new technologies and methodologies to optimise process design & performance.
• Establish processes based on product specifications in line with Unit Cost metrics
• Evaluate process and design alternatives based on Design for Manufacturability principles.
• Understand principles of lean manufacturing, problem solving, DOE.
• Complete process validation for new processes and products including IQ, OQ, PQ & PPQ.
• Working with external vendors to specify, develop and commission new process technologies.
• Setting up of new manufacturing equipment/production lines including the selection and training of process technicians and product builders, as required.
• Responsibility for and understanding of work environment issues including H&S activities associated with new process development.
• Development of manufacturing processes from prototyping to full scale production.
• The manufacture and testing of prototypes.
• Design/Source Equipment and Tooling required to meet both the capability & capacity requirements
• Generate work plans & schedules for development activity and execute to plan
medical devices, manufacturing, Process Management, Process Control, Designing, Design, Valuation, Monitoring and Evaluation