New Role - Purchasing Manager - Galway.
RT Lane Recruitment are looking for a Purchasing Manager opportunity available with a Galway based Medical Devices manufacturer.
This is a Senior role, and People Management experience is essential in this role, as would be experience in manufacturing and ideally a regulated FDA environment.
You will be a key contributor in Implementing best in class purchasing and inventory control techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies, cost improvement activities, development of SAP Supply chain functionality
Contact Liz today for more details, this role is an active position with the company committed to make a hire.
- Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
- Management & development of the purchasing team.
- Ensure effective Inventory strategies & control in line with company targets.
- Champion continuous process improvement within the purchasing function. Keeps up to date on the latest tools and techniques.
- Develop policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Purchasing area and ensure compliance with policies.
- Management of Raw Material inventory strategies to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- Analysis, reporting & commit response to all back-orders.
- Negotiation & presentation of plans with all levels of management in the plant.
- Work with New Product Development teams to provide material in line with project goals/ schedules.
- Partner with Planning to develop a direct and indirect materials supply plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
- Analysis & maintenance of all inventory and purchasing related reports, files & documents including Plant, Supplier & Product Performance.
- Support the Management & Leadership team in the preparation of ad-hoc summary analysis reports & presentations.
- 10 years manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment with exposure to all Demand Management (DM), Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory control.
- Experience managing a team of Buyer/Planners essential
- Strong working knowledge of SAP supply chain functionality is essential.
- Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Financially and customer aware.
- A strong communicator, focusing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
- Team player, proactive and strong inter personal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative with under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate drive and ambition and an ability to lead.
- Experience in medical device environment desirable but not essentia