Senior Manufacturing Engineer with Moulding experience for an expanding multinational specilaising in Medical Devices in Galway.
Working within the core engineering group, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer must be motivated in delivering improvements and making a positive difference to be successful in such a role, sharing a desire for excellence, a value for the company you are working for.
- To work with key business stakeholders and operations teams to build a continuous improvement environment that supports ongoing change and improvement initiatives.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of simplified ways of working.
- Lead a dedicated group of technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short- and long-term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
- Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 5-10yrs experience in a high-volume automated production environment.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Equipment knowledge and process experience for injection molding, metals processing & high-volume automation.
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma and/or Lean Engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
- Well-developed understanding and with experience in performing medical device manufacturing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).