We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager to join our Client’s Construction Division in Dublin on a full time, permanent contract. The successful applicant will be predominately based in the Dublin area and will be responsible for the professional and systematic interpreting of scope, design and specification in the development and implementation of projects within the construction industry.
Examples include remediation work, which will involve structural remediation to structural steel, masonry and timber and all associated and ancillary works relating to same, along with fit out projects within the built environment.
- Manage programming of works while monitoring building progress, managing specified and alternative product/equipment submittals, ensuring compliance with regulations, and issuing weekly progress reports.
- Managing the co-ordination of installation works.
- Assisting other members of the management team where necessary.
- Liaising with operations staff, suppliers, clients, and project teams on a daily basis and as per the project’s requirements.
- Ensuring that weekly progress reports are issued including RFI’s, procurement schedules, technical submittals, program responses, critical dates, identification, and any documentation that is specific to the projects that you are involved in. To meet this requirement, it is critical that a full understanding of all aspects of the project is known.
- Overseeing of the contracting process with the chosen sub-contractors and ensure that all works are conducted correctly and as per both the contract and the specification. Liaise with the clients, main contractors, and other trades people as and when required.
- Ensure that you attend all project related and management meetings.
- Attend regular progress meetings with both the design team and the sub-contractors and effectively control the use of both labour and materials.
- Ensure that the minutes of these meetings are noted and recorded.
- Lead daily whiteboard meetings ensuring coherent information flow between all site teams.
- Proactively enhance and improve the service delivered by the Company.
- Support the Construction Manager in promoting a culture of excellent customer service and establishing exceptional working relationships with both your colleagues and the client.
- Act as a brand ambassador and lead the Company through its ongoing expansion.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Construction related qualification to higher diploma/degree level in civil or structural engineering, architecture, quantity surveying, construction management or project management.
- Relevant professional membership with a recognised association (preferably but not limited to Engineers Ireland, SCSI, RIAI, CIOB)
- Preferably has 5+ years of commercial build and fit out experience in a similar role.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, MS Project, etc.
- Ability to drive projects while working under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter, who can work both independently or as part of a team.
- Proficient in IT literacy with the ability to collate and generate detailed site reports.
Salary: 60-75K plus benefits