The Senior Staff Engineer (Manufacturing) is required for a leading medical device company. Permanent role, Cork location.
Successful candidate will provide technical leadership for the facility. They will be a Subject Matter Expert in a technical, engineering, automation or business process area. This will involve working closely with the site leadership team to develop and deliver the sites future state strategy.
Salary: 64-76K plus 12.5% bonus, medical insurance, pension.
- Input into Engineering functional strategy and champion operations excellence across the site.
- Responsible for the management of significant engineering research design and lean initiatives.
- Standardizes and optimises best practices and procedures across the site.
- Partners with key stakeholders to resolve process and product issues and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Evaluates the results of projects and provides manufacturing guidance and assistance as required.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Technical leadership of Staff engineers, senior engineers, Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
- Champion lean from an operations engineering perspective.
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.)
- Minimum of 8 years’ manufacturing experience
- Recognised Lean qualification, ideally a black belt.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Capable of technically leading a multi-disciplined team in a dynamic, regulated and results motivated environment.
- Demonstrable Excellent analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.