Initial 12-month contract role with view to going long term.
Onsite day’s role.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for delivery of projects and continuous improvement of systems, equipment, and processes through the application of good engineering practices. The Project Engineer will collaborate with the Engineering Manager or designee and will provide technical support to Operations and Engineering Teams.
Scope of Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and support project delivery process, C&Q, and FPX standards to drive deployment.
- Monitors the status of programs and project, provides technical interpretation and expertise, ensures alignment to policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer specifications.
- Provides technical leadership and supports execution of EHS&S policies and procedures.
- Lead engineering execution of projects and initiatives in the platform, for strategic projects and across sites.
- Generates capital equipment appropriations required for new process implementation or facilities and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Ensures attainment of project and program schedules, budgets, procedures, and revenues by developing and monitoring the budget and approval process.
- Keeps senior management informed on project and program status by creating, maintaining, and presenting written reports on project and program status, tests, costs, issues, and performance against established targets on a regular basis.
- Provides technical leadership of multi-functional teams on many projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues.
- Ensures the documentation of project and program activities and work.
- Coordinate with Technical Operations group to ensure alignment on technical standards and project execution for technical transfer projects/NPI.
- Research business and technical issues to establish what is being done and where improvements are possible.
Key Competencies Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Serve as a role model for making Credo-based decisions, helping others understand the value of Credo-based decisions.
- Maintain awareness of the external environment, adding value and insights. Uses insights to uncover important unmet needs and encourage and support internal collaboration across levels, creating effective solutions.
- Supply to innovative and viable products, services and/or solutions, adding value.
- Evaluates and communicates significant risks, takes appropriate action and demonstrates an awareness of the highest standards of quality and compliance.
- Take accountability for their performance and development alongside supporting talent acquisition and the development of others.
- Understands how own work impacts the enterprise and use understanding to make effective decisions and take actions and lead priorities effectively to deliver expected results.
Qualifications and experience
- A Degree in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2yrs previous experience in a project engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of Delta V, PLC, and SCADA systems
- Experience of SAP.
- Supervisory experience advantageous.