I am recruiting for a Senior EHS Specialist for a medical device manufacturing company located in Galway. The successful candidate will work with the Environmental, Health and Safety Team providing technical support on environmental, health and safety management and will report directly to the EH&S Manager.
Highlights of the role
- Progression opportunities
- Supportive team where you can learn and bounce ideas around
- Great atmosphere where learning is encouraged
- You will be working as part of the team and will be exposed to all EHS programmes at a busy manufacturing plant
- Develop, implement and monitor environmental, health & safety programmes to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company technical standards.
- Lead and support existing EHS Programmes to include but not limited to: Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Environment Management, Machine Safety.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure active compliance with EHS programs.
- Coordinate site environmental management programmes, driving continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to energy reduction, waste etc.
- Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal tier board reporting structure.
- Identify and address site EHS issues and concerns.
- Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment. Deliver EHS related training programmes to all levels within the organization.
- Support the EHS accident and incident management process on-site in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements. Including investigations, root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action management.
- Coordinate and conduct internal EHS auditing and inspection.
- Play an important role in promoting and driving a pro-active health & safety culture.
Qualifications and experience
- Level 8 degree in Health and Safety or related field.
- Environmental Qualification preferred.
- 7+ years experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation.
If you are looking for a similar role in a different location please contact RTLane Recruitment on 02226006 / 0863925518