Initial 12-month contract. Mainly onsite based role with some WFH.
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS matters.
General scope of responsibilities:
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Monitoring, analyzing and collating of EHS performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare EHS reports as the need arises for both internal and external groups & EPA reporting.
- Perform periodic evaluations and audits to ensure compliance with all EHS permits, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies such as local authorities, Environment Agencies and competent bodies.
- Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with company requirements.
- Co-ordinate and deliver EHS training on EHS related issues.
- Co-ordinate and provide technical support for the site risk assessment program and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
- Assist in coordination of the sites EHS teams and provide SME support on EHS related issues.
- Investigate accidents and incidents; develop robust corrective actions and track progress.
- Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments and legal requirements and to advise accordingly.
- Maintain compliance with site environmental programs and licences, including reporting requirements, incident investigations and maintenance of monitoring infrastructure.
Key competencies required:
- Ability to operate as part of a team is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
Qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience working to ISO14001 international standards, preferably within a medical device or related environment is required.
- A relevant third level 8 qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 3 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety.
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies.
- Previous experience in carrying out Risk Assessment and/or Hazard Analysis