Ballybrit, Galway. €20~€26 per hour. Initial 18 month contract role.
The R&D Engineer is responsible for developing and delivering complex acute ischaemic stroke projects with significant technical challenges. Responsible for various aspects of the projects, including process development, design development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction.
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications using SolidWorks.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Contribute to the project team to deliver key objectives, meeting performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external vendors / resources to achieve project goals.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Understand physician (user) techniques and clinical needs (disease state) and assist in developing product training materials.
- Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, testing).
- Design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Data review and statistical methods skills (Minitab).
- High level of technical writing and reporting skills.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Results and deadline driven with an ability to handle multiple tasks and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people to achieve results.
- Highly motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative and as a team player.
- Specific experience on Medical Devices, cardiovascular or neurovascular implants or instruments.
This is what awaits you
This is an opportunity to work with a ground-breaking biomedical. We are passionate about our work. We play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. Our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education.