R.T. Lane Recruitment
Principal Engineer with experience in packaging and sterilization process development is required in Cork for a medical device manufacturing multinational. Successful candidate will lead Engineering Excellence across a number of competencies.
- Demonstrated experience in medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical cleaning, packaging and sterilization process development.
- Demonstrated experience in resolving design and process related packaging issues on commercial products.
- Functional knowledge of Design Controls and Industry standards in Packaging Design. (11607, ASTM, ISTA)
- Knowledge in Labeling Systems and label and IFU development.
- Develop detailed understanding of best practice of packaging product/process performance within the Medical devices industry.
- Develop support network of key divisional/corporate leaders academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacture and quality
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a highly effective support structure implemented for all engineers.
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Develop system level design strategy.
- May lead design, development, testing & refinement of system, sub-system & component.
- Under general supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Recommends changes in procedures.
- Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
- Reviews progress with management
- Serve as technical advisor to engineering personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering Level 8 Degree or equivalent,
- Advanced Degree desired ideally Masters ,Black Belt or PHD
- Has minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience, with in a Cleaning & Packaging environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at Senior Staff or equivalent in a Cleaning & Packaging environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Technical leadership of Staff engineers, Senior engineers, Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
- Capable of technically leading a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable Excellent analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrable ability to lead significant projects and initiatives
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
For information call Zhana on 086 392 5518 or email email@example.com