Our Client, specialising in timber engineering and located in Co. Longford is looking for a Plant Manager to join their business. A leader in the Green Tech industry, our Client is a growing, dynamic and innovative organisation with ambitious growth plans.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and experience as Plant Manager with a proven track record in good manufacturing practice and lean principles, ideally in timber frame or modular build production. They will be responsible for all Production, Maintenance and Safety, Health, Environment, Quality (SHEQ) on the site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively promote and prioritise a safe working environment for our people.
- Working closely with SHEQ Manager, ensure appropriate policies, procedures, staff and processes are in place to meet the safety, health environment, and quality assurance standards.
- Develop the production plan to maximise the return to the business working closely with Design and Site Quality functions.
- Contribute to the development of the overall production strategy for the business.
- Monitor the production performance of the site against the budget through a set of agreed KPIs.
- Drive efficiencies at all levels in the business, through short/medium term projects.
- Drive standardisation of approaches, practices and reporting across the business through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead and support the people agenda on site from a recruitment, onboarding, development and employee engagement perspective in conjunction with HR.
- Establish a regular pattern of (daily, weekly and bi-weekly) production meetings within the business to ensure the delivery of the production plan.
- Form strong working relationships with supervisors to support them in their roles and to enable them to share knowledge and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of the capital investment strategy plan and the implementation of capital and NPD projects for the site.
- Oversee smooth and efficient operations across the business from planning, design, production and user perspective.
- Develop a strong culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Qualification in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ Plant / Site Management experience is essential; timber manufacturing or modular building experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Reduces complexity and increases efficiency in processes to maximise outcome/return.
- Leads by example, with a “can do” approach, passion, energy and a strong work ethic.
- Very strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Makes good decisions and delegates responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Understands the importance of managing and developing people.
- Creates a climate in which people can do their best.
- Open to change with a capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a similar role in Ireland please reach out to us at RTLane Recruitment on 022 26006