I am recruiting for a medical device company with plants in Oranmore and Galway: Planning Lead role.
This is a dual site role reporting to Supply Chain Associate Director and is responsible for Supply planning across the company’s sites. Successful candidate will provide leadership and support to supply planners. Communicate with business partners including Central Planning, Regulatory, NPI, Finance, Operations & Quality.
Salary: 65-73K plus 12% bonus, family med insurance, pension
Location: Oranmore or Shannon (dual site role with some flexibility)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee preparation of critical monthly planning meetings, including Supply Planning Capability Review & Supply Review.
- Ensure direction provided to the network regarding capacity availability is a true and accurate reflection of the Company’s capabilities. Highlight vulnerabilities & opportunities as necessary.
- Oversee & monitor site net requirements plan through attendance at daily Tier Meetings.
- Provide management and oversight of aggregate supply plans for both Shannon & Galway.
- Optimize production supply plans in conjunction with operations, quality, and engineering.
- Manage & communicate any supply risks with key stakeholders.
- Assist with annual budget preparation. Provide input into quarterly projections. Own monthly financial update for Supply Planning.
- In conjunction with IT team, optimize analytical & reporting processes and systems.
- Identify and drive projects to align with strategic direction of ZOML under QCDP.
- Lead, develop and motivate a multi-skilled team.
- Develop priorities for each team member. Provide frequent feedback through scheduled 1:1s and routine check-ins.
- Assess and evaluate supply planning team and skill sets. Develop PDPs in conjunction with each team member.
- Work with Operational Leadership Team to address day-to-day tactical issues.
- Ensure all supply planning activities follow company policies, procedures, and best practices
Education/ Experience Requirements
- In depth knowledge of both tactical & strategic planning processes.
- Knowledge / experience of Business Excellence implementations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of overall supply chain management including MRP, DRP, ERP, forecasting, inventory management.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, goal-oriented, and a demonstrated ability to self-manage and produce results while managing multiple stakeholders
- Project Management Skills and the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Strong Data Analysis skills are essential.
- Ability to identify alternative courses of action before choosing an approach; makes timely decisions in the best interest of the company and is willing to make decisions in uncertain conditions.
- Understanding of Demand management and control.
- Ability to prioritize the use of resources to achieve business goals most effectively.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, decisiveness and risk-taking but not impulsive; has the presence to manage through a crisis.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of financial and information management systems, purchasing, production operations, accounting and supporting supply chain functions.
- Third level degree in business management or a related field with 8+ years related work experience in operations and/or logistics, or equivalent.
- Six Sigma, Lean or other process improvement are desirable, but not essential.