R.T. Lane Recruitment
Initial 12-month contract role.
The Payroll Specialist is part of the Ireland country wide team responsible for ensuring all payrolls delivered are timely, accurate and compliant with Company policies and regulatory requirements.
The role will have responsibility for processing a full in-house payroll for a number of Legal entities using Megapay payroll software. Working closely with the HR Services team the specialist role is an integral role in a shared service model for payroll delivery in Ireland for the company.
- Processing of Country payroll for all company employees using the Megapay payroll software ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles.
- Execute processes to support the preparation of payroll processing including the simulation of payroll runs and audit reports and validations.
- Adhere to interface processing controls and timely handling of Interface and processing errors.
- Manage payroll inbox and shared service calls and queries in a timely manner.
- Support system enhancements testing and user acceptance testing.
- Collaboration with HR Shared Services and other functions to ensure consistent accurate flow of information and received within payroll deadlines for processing.
- Ensuring month and year end payroll returns are complete, accurate and timely.
- Maintain all payroll records as required by revenue and company Data Retention Records.
- Engaging with internal and external customers to meet service delivery requirements.
- Processing Ex-Pat assignments setting up deductions according to contract, coordinating the calculation of hypo-tax etc.
- Processing Shared Based Compensation.
- Create and maintain control documentation, process flows and procedures.
- Support the execution of the SOX Program (404).
- Support internal audits, external audits (PwC), Pension audits and government audits.
- IPASS or equivalent qualification along with 2-5 years’ experience.
- Previous experience in Payroll operations required.
- Experience with Payroll applications required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact skilfully and confidently with internal stakeholders and colleagues to develop ideas, identify opportunities, and influence outcomes.
- An effective team player, with developed communication and negotiation skills to focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with the Payroll process stakeholders.
- A clear, fast thinker, problem solver, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively, independently or with minimal supervision.