Initial 12-month contract with view to long term. HYBRID role.
The New Product Introduction Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for preparing requisite materials to support engagements with Suppliers, including activities to identify and assess suppliers per category strategies and according to R&D development needs, managing Request for Quotation processes, and developing reports to assist in Supplier Management. In addition, the New Product Strategic Sourcing Specialist will help develop supplier’s capabilities and oversee the commercial relationship during the development process. They will partner with suppliers in delivering quality, service/reliability and total cost to support category strategies and R&D new product introduction requirements
Responsibilities will include
- Prepare and analyise data for the preparation of engagements with Suppliers.
- Identify new suppliers for inclusion in sourcing engagements to support new product introductions.
- Manage requests for quotation or other sourcing processes as required.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions, in particular R&D, supplier quality, engineering and operations to drive improved Supplier performance.
- Establish proactive communication to the Planning Organization, manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Supply Chain prior to commercial launch and throughout ramp up period
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes
- Assist in managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the supply chain
Experience and Key Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a sourcing/procurement role within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting
- Analytically absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
- Advanced in excel and Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Level 8 BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- Project management experience a plus
- Lean / continuous improvement skills a plus