|Job Title:||NPI Planner (Can be based in Galway or Shannon)|
|Job Function:||Supply Chain|
|Contract:||12 Months Fixed Term
Salary up to €50,000 D.O.E plus pension, healthcare & annual bonus.
NPI planner will be assigned critical NPI projects and is responsible for NPI material planning, scheduling, and tracking from development through production hand-off.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with cross-functional NPI team, ensure all pre-requisites are in place to support NPI program roll out.
- Key deliverables are to meet customer critical delivery commitments and program milestones.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and monitor multiple NPI projects.
- Working from engineering plans and production specifications, establish preliminary production schedules.
- Using Supply Chain Planning & Sourcing Capability tools along with lead time inputs, define inbound due dates from vendors (ZB and third party).
- Considering critical path, propose risk mitigation/contingency strategies for supply chain delays and shortages.
- Drive and track resolution of material issues, facilitating conflict resolution and initiating action to ensure next steps are identified and agreed to.
- Setup, monitor and maintain the system to capture and track material plans and status.
- Communicate status through meetings, reports and dashboards.
- Manage and track engineering material inventory, resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Spear-head inventory control to ensure optimal usage of supply. Perform analysis to proactively identify and minimize potential excess supply during the NPI production phase.
- Develop and implement capability review for all new products.
- Work with local & global sourcing to ensure capacity exists across the supply chain to support NPI activity into the future.
- Collate RA inputs to develop capacity plans through launch including new territory (country) product registrations.
- Collaborate with Central Planning & Inventory Control to understand global customer forecast & safety stock requirements.
- Ensure all system planning data complies with global data integrity rules prior to production handover.
- Participate and provide input into KPI / Dashboarding activities for the new product.
- Drives continuous improvement of NPI and Bill-of-Materials systems & models. Enhance existing tools or develop new tools that promotes productivity and cost reduction.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Knowledge of supply chain planning and management
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce outputs on a regular, timely basis
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain interactions, activities, and underlying interdependencies
- Ability to use analytical tools to issue, support, and execute decisions
- Analytical skills and ability to extract meaning information from various sources of data
- Ability to communicate effectively both upwards and across the organization
- Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to combine rigid control with additional flexibility in a new product launch
- Strong team player and demonstrated continuous improvement success.
- 3rd Level Diploma Degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering ideally, APICS/CPIM preferred.
- 2+ years’ progressive work experience and responsibility within high-volume regulated manufacturing environment preferably medical devices.
- Strong MRP understanding and experience with one or more ERP integrated systems (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards,).
- Planning experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of order management, planning, scheduling, purchasing and inventory control.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.