R.T. Lane Recruitment
Initial 12-month contract role.
Technical role in in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations. The position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical input and ownership for projects in the area Materials Development.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies.
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews.
- Implement of cost-effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements.
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk.
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects.
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety, and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
- 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience is a must.
- D. or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or similar
- Extensive statistical and problem-solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)