R.T. Lane Recruitment
Initial 12-month contract. Excellent rates.
Act as a member of the Operations Engineering team. Provide engineering support to manufacturing processes, products and equipment in manufacturing cells/phase II. Support Engineering in validations and sustaining manufacturing. Participate in process improvements in order to reduce manufacturing costs.
Essential Job Functions
- To aid in manufacturing process improvements; scrap & re-work reduction, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Developing and implement equipment improvements within manufacturing/Phase II operations.
- Support the validation of processes and products.
- Develop manufacturing process instructions and inspection specifications
- Provide support to product manufacture and quality control within manufacturing/Phase II operations.
- Develop fixture, gauge drawings.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements; ISO & FDA.
Skills and experience requirements
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience, preferably medical devices.
- Proven problem solving and hands on approach.
- Good technical writing ability.
- A confident self–starter with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
- Excellent organization, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Graduate calibre with an Engineering degree level 7 is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of CAD/CAM packages would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a packaging engineering role and/or have equivalent process validation experience would be an advantage.
- Lean and Six Sigma qualifications are an advantage