Salary up to 55,000 per annum plus pension, healthcare and bonus.
Our Client, a global medical device manufacturing company located in Oranmore, Galway, is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer with 2-3 years of experience on a one year fixed term contract (with a view to permanent). Successful candidate will be responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support cellular manufacturing and timely new product introductions. Engineering services include process development, cell management, robotic programming, new product introductions and capacity expansion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision
- Establishing process methods which meet performance and quality requirements
- Establishing preliminary bill of materials and routers – establish optimal routings
- Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, clean and packaging.
- Sorting through options choosing the most appropriate processes and machining methods
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities
- BSc. in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or other Engineering Science.
- Proficient in process development, CNC programming, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modeling software
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills;
- Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing
- Familiarity with control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and Deviation process, Engineering Specifications (ESs), and Laboratory Procedures (LPs)
- Familiarity with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
- Ability to handle project assignments of large scope and complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner