Initial 12-month contract. Onsite DAYS role.
Reporting to the Maintenance Business Unit Manager the maintenance technician will be responsible for the hands-on maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment and the hands-on operation, maintenance and calibration of utility and facility equipment. Working within Manufacturing process teams, the maintenance technician will form part of the overall site goal of maximizing asset performance.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting any EHS incidents and/or near misses.
- Developing and looking after the maintenance and calibration workshops, ensuring housekeeping standards are constantly met.
- Electrical/Mechanical Isolation of equipment to ensure equipment is safe to work on.
- Carrying out all routine and non-routine tasks as per manufacturing process team schedule.
- Supporting maintenance process team activities, as per maintenance schedule.
- Repairing equipment malfunctions (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, automation, civil).
- Executing site preventive maintenance routines.
- Calibration of instrumentation
- Assisting in construction, commissioning and qualification of equipment.
- Selecting of appropriate spare parts to ensure maximum availability of equipment.
- Operating all site utilities and facilities equipment safely and efficiently, whilst maximizing uptime.
- Collecting and analysing equipment data to report on equipment performance.
- Assisting with rolling shutdown preparation and execution.
- Preparing and maintaining all calibration documentation (Instrument lists, calibration procedures, equipment files, calibration certificates, etc.) in compliance with cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Operating all site utilities to required cGMP standards (USP, EU, etc.).
- Maintaining all equipment to cGMP standards.
- Maintaining timely, consistent and precise records of all maintenance work done on the CMMS – SAP.
- Completing all documentation in compliance with site procedures and GDP.
- Reporting non conformances and deviations promptly to the management to ensure compliance with EHS and GMP requirements.
- Ensuring that personal training requirements are completed in compliance with site procedures.
- Supporting investigation and resolution of problems.
- Familiarization with and adoption of ME2 and maintenance best practices at all times.
- Undertaking training to keep skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Trades qualified or have a Diploma or higher award in Engineering or Instrumentation and Physics.
- Minimum 5yrs previous experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing environment.
- Scientific or technical qualification in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & controls, utilities engineering.
- Maintenance experience within a GMP regulated environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of Delta V, BMS, PLC and SCADA systems
- Experience of SAP.