We design and manufacture a full range of precision air conditioning equipment for datacentres, telecommunications, specialty storage and building service markets. Having pioneered the original concepts, our name is synonymous with quality and reliability in a world where processing and electrical technologies are applied in critical applications.
LEAN manufacturing organisation with numerous global datacentre customers. As a member of the Operations team, reporting to the Operations Manager, the Lean Manufacturing Engineer will hold an important role in optimizing the manufacturing process to meet customer expectations.
The LEAN Manufacturing Engineer will coordinate with factory and corporate personnel to analyse, optimize, and improve the company’s products using LEAN Manufacturing principles. Through these processes, the factory will produce a product that meets customer expectations for quality, reliability, and performance.
The business is looking for an individual who is ambitious and will continue to support the consistent development and growth of the company.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager
- Lead the adoption of a LEAN culture through manufacturing initiatives and process improvements at the companies facilities
- Analyse current methods of production by watching operations, conducting research, and interviewing suppliers to fully understand the products and their parts, looking for new ways to improve efficiencies
- Analyse space constraints, material requirements, and current needs to find areas for improvement and make recommendations to company leaders
- Serve as Plant Level LEAN subject matter expert, overseeing the successful implementation of LEAN manufacturing and process flow improvements necessary to efficiently meet the expansion of production capacity, willing to be hands on.
- Lead training initiatives at all levels within the plant to drive the adoption and execution of LEAN enterprise concepts and to ensure that machinery operators, managers and product developers are contributing to the common goal
- Find areas of improvement by developing breakthrough initiatives using Kaizen events, 5S and 6 Sigma tools
- Create necessary documentation to support projects and maintain accurate records related to proposed changes to the production system including work instructions and BOMs where appropriate
- Work closely with management, technical, supervisory and production personnel to assist in implementation of LEAN plans and projects
- Lead workshops and help to develop the strategic design of the plant’s future LEAN state, while developing the skill level of plant personnel to support the future vision
The successful candidate will have:
- Capable of working in a team environment and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Uses knowledge of processes and systems to proactively solve problems.
- Motivated, confident and persistent in meeting project goals.
- Effective communicator, both externally (customers) and internally (management, colleagues, sales, operations).
- Knowledge of large equipment manufacturing processes
Experience and qualifications to includes:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Bachelor of Science degree or related qualification
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Training in LEAN and 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of large equipment manufacturing including sheet metal, piping, assembly, and HVAC