Dairy / food / grain
This is an opportunity to be part of a professional team that is committed to the delivery of the highest quality service. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate reception and selection of samples for analysis and ensuring tests are carried out in a timely manner in compliance with the ISO17025 standard. The successful candidate will report to the Analytical Services Manager and will be based in Co. Cork
This is a permanent role.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a Degree (Essential) and Masters (desirable) in Analytical Chemistry or another related qualification with a strong chemistry background
- Have practical experience of **LCMS **with knowledge of HPLC, ICP-MS, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy and the associated computer applications essential.
- Possess proven experience in and thorough knowledge of laboratory procedures and processes.
- Have strong IT skills and be competent in the use of LIMS, Word and Excel.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact confidently with internal and external customers.
- Be resilient and capable of dealing with pressurised situations and deadlines.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Have a clear understanding of the ISO17025 standard.
- This Laboratory is INAB accredited and all individuals working within the laboratory are required to work to the standards demanded by this accreditation.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carrying out analytical and chemical analysis on feed products, cereals, herbage, soil and water samples in a timely manner to meet customer deadlines.
- The analysis is carried out in accordance with defined methods to accredited laboratory standards, achieving and retaining ISO 17025 Accreditation for the Laboratory.
- Adhere to Analytical Services Laboratory Procedures Manuals at all times.
- A basic understanding of all scientific calculations is required.
- Have a sufficient knowledge of the interactions between acids and bases and be able to prepare various normalities and strengths.
- Understand the principles of all calibrations and carry out the calibration schedule required.
- Liaise with external and internal maintenance staff to ensure all equipment is in perfect working order.
- Have sufficient knowledge of laboratory equipment to identify problems as they arise.
- Ensure all test validations are carried out in accordance with the ISO17025 standard.
- Maintain adequate stocks to ensure our service to customers is not interrupted.
- Follow all control charts to ensure trends and drifts are identified and acted upon at an early stage.
- Calibrate, maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Participate in proficiency schemes to verify accuracy and competency.
- Ensure work practices comply with all health and safety and environmental standards.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.