R.T. Lane Recruitment
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to lead the IT function and execution of the IS / IT strategy to grow the business. This person will be responsible for devising the group’s IS / IT strategy and ensure that all infrastructure and systems necessary to support its operations as well as manage the IT teams across Ireland and the UK. The successful candidate must have a successful track record in leading IT teams and ensuring the delivery of best-in-class IS / IT services. There is a requirement to frequently travel in Ireland and the UK as part of this role.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IS/IT department.
- Select and implement suitable technologies to improve business operations using public cloud, private cloud or on premise solutions as appropriate
- Ensure the security of the entire information stack including hosting, network, servers and storage, backup, end user devices and applications
- Select and manage appropriate IT suppliers and partners
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Oversee the IT technological infrastructure in the organisation and ensure optimal performance
- Plan the implementation of new solutions and provide guidance to the IT team and managed service partners and other staff within the organisation
- Prepare annual budget for the IT department including budgeting purchases of IT equipment and software
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise the board on suggested actions
- Proven experience as a Head of IS or similar managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of IS / IT systems and infrastructure
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of IT hardware and software and cloud solutions and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/company.
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in information technology, computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
Call Zhana on 086 392 5518 for details or email email@example.com