Initial 12-month contract with view to long term.
We have a requirement for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the TS team in Cork. The successful candidate will have solid IT infrastructure fundamentals and experience in deploying technical solutions. S/He will be responsible for managing specific IT infrastructure with a strong focus on networks, server and workstation platforms. The position will work within a team that provides support to IT, Lab and manufacturing systems across the two Cork sites. Candidates will be required to have excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as in a Team.
Experience of working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing operation is desirable.
- Working as part of the local infrastructure teams in areas of project delivery, outage coordination, troubleshooting of incidents and general infrastructure queries.
- Assists in infrastructure projects that may include, but are not limited to network and server upgrades
- Installing, configuring & managing GxP specialized PCs and related software applications.
- Responsible for producing and updating all relevant infrastructure documentation as well as conducting regular security and periodic reviews.
- Assist in maintaining manufacturing-based site servers.
- Support locally managed applications and associated validation documentation.
- Provide on-going support for the technical requirements of business areas
- Ensure on-going compliance with company Quality Standards and Practices.
- Contacts vendors and contractors as needed.
- Assists with end user device security functions that may include anti-virus and malware protection.
- Trains users on IT Systems and Policies
- Respond to, escalate/reassign, and close helpdesk tickets
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Support and troubleshooting of applications
Qualifications & Requirements
- IT qualification (Or similar), Level 8 Degree in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience supporting IT Infrastructure.
- Experience co-ordinating\delivering Infrastructure projects
- Good working knowledge of the following Platforms; MS Server, Win10
- Good understanding of Antivirus and Patching technologies
- Good understanding of Networking & Firewalls
- Good knowledge of ISA S95 standard
- Good understanding of data integrity, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP requirements
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Advanced knowledge of WAN, LAN, VPN, WLAN and Remote Desktop program
- VMware experience is desirable, such as vSphere, VMotion, vSan technology
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Past proven experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicated, and delivered at or above expectations
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.