Health and Safety Officer
Leading out the overall provision of Health and Safety services, policies, and programmes for the organisations. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this is a unique role offering a H&S Professional the opportunity to lead and contribute to the Health and Safety strategic direction of the two organisations.
As a Health and Safety specialist, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of the health and safety strategy to enable the organisations to meet all legislation and standards against its strategic plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the overall health and safety strategy.
- Provide compliance with the organisations Health & Safety Statement and associated processes, policies and legislation within the two organisation.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and instruction regarding health and safety matters to the local Management Team, frontline managers and staff, to ensure the highest standards of health and safety as dictated by the organisation and legislation are met.
- Promote continuous improvement based on systematic organisational learning.
- Advise management and implement the setting up, maintaining and improving systems that underpin an effective integrated health and safety governance system.
- Be the person leading out and management of the Risk Register to ensure it is current and kept up to date.
- Be key representative on the Ris committee as well as Board Risk committee.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and advise the Risk on any relevant matters.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that health and safety policy developed and issued is implemented locally. This will include statutory and regulatory requirements of the Workplace Health and Wellbeing of healthcare workers.
- The post holder will support the Operations Manager in all communication processes and the collation, analysis and distribution (as applicable) of all policies. Based on this information the post holder will produce regular reports identifying areas for improvement:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Occupational Health and Safety Officer / Advisor role.
- Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability and management ability, for the proper discharge of the role.
- Solid knowledge of Irish Health and Safety Legislation.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of health and safety management systems and processes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.