Head of Maintenance is required for a busy plant in North County Cork.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and experience in heavy industry with a proven track record in good manufacturing practice and lean principles. They will be responsible for all maintenance mechanical and electrical work, automation, site projects and maintenance systems on site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Maintenance management team as well as a team of fitters and electricians to deliver high performance process efficiency in a modern well-invested facility.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and team management skills to ensure performance of people and equipment is optimised.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of asset Management, reliability, maintenance strategy, organisation and systems including planning, CMMS, preventive and condition-based maintenance.
- Ensure the Maintenance function operates to the site required Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Planning and developing PEMAC / CMMS systems to deliver maximum line/process efficiency including energy, plant services and utilities.
- Delivery of KPIs: downtime, uptime, PM schedules and workflow.
- PEMAC / CMMS utilisation from a scheduling, stores and purchasing perspective.
- Implement best plant practices in process engineering & maintenance systems involving new technology and design standards.
- Development of the Maintenance Team’s capability and skills, leading performance review, training and individual on the job coaching/mentoring and support to best industry standards.
- Responsible for cost management in the maintenance and engineering functions, delivering costs to weekly KPI budgets including energy and projects.
- Developing Maintenance Lean Systems using tools and techniques to meet continuous improvement targets that are critical to the success and delivery of a high-performance plant.
- Working with external Contractors and installations companies to complete in-house maintenance and project work to the required standards.
- Act as a key member of the Site Management Team involved in the strategic and day to day responsibilities of a modern high-performance facility.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Qualification in Engineering – mechanical & electrical background, or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ maintenance/engineering management experience is essential; sawmilling or heavy industry experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of maintenance strategies e.g. RCM, TPM, Asset Management desirable.
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Reduces complexity and increases efficiency in processes to maximise outcome/return.
- Leads by example, with a “can do” approach, passion, energy and a strong work ethic.
- Strong leadership and people management skill.
- Very strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Makes good decisions and delegates responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Understands the importance of managing and developing people.
- Creates a climate in which people can do their best.
- Open to change with a capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships.
Salary is 85,000 – 95,000 per year with some benefits
Mon-Fri, no shift work