R.T. Lane Recruitment
Graduate Engineer is required by a leading manufacturing company in County Cork (north).
The purpose of this job is to support the production process by collecting and analysing data, troubleshooting production related issues. This role will support the successful completion of process improvement and capital development projects. The candidate will gain valuable insight into the full process flow of a commercial scale wood manufacturing company from the forest right through to the kiln drying, planning & grading process.
- Measuring product dimensions to ensure that the saw line is producing products that adhere to the company’s quality policy, EU Standards and the customers’ requirements.
- Calculating efficiency of production batch runs.
- Measuring product properties after drying such as moisture content or case hardening to ensure that kilns are performing correctly.
- Completing data gathering and analysis for daily and weekly reports on a number of topics.
- Analysing results from process improvement projects and advising project owners on further improvements.
- Get operator manuals for assigned work areas into usable, company standard format.
- Document procedures for operations which have no manuals into a usable, company standard format.
- Liaise with maintenance department to ensure preventative maintenance routines and operator manuals are complimentary and up to date. Also to continue on PEMAC detailing.
- Work with mentor to develop training development program for current and perspective new employees.
- Devise methods to monitor, measure and record process and sub-process performance. Compare to target performance or manufacturer guarantees.
- Communicate deviations in performance to supervisors and engineers.
- Develop work methods and process improvements to achieve or better target performance.
- Review process calibration and verification checks to ensure performance measurement is accurate and repeatable.
- Look at current processes being used and identify any improvements in throughput or reduction in downtime.
- Investigate tooling, materials, maintenance of tooling for optimum performance
- Ensure tooling changes are conducted as initially specified by manufacturer. Modify tooling, repair or change cycles based on practical experience to better suit production and/or to reduce downtime.
Honours degree course in a relevant science, manufacturing, production or engineering course.
Will have demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and also be able to work as part of a team.
Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint beneficial.