Our Client, a pharmaceutical company located in Co. Tipperary, is looking to recruit an EHS&S Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination of all environmental, health & safety and security matters applicable to the company’s sites. They will provide technical expertise across all functions to ensure a compliant and safe workplace for all employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Ensure environmental objectives and targets are set and achieved throughout the organization.
- Advise and monitor the implementation of safe systems of work encompassing current legislative requirements.
- Recommend and implement emergency policies and ensure specific control systems meet required standards.
- Advise on potential health risks at work, health of employees, health promotion.
- Ensuring Safety Data Sheets are up to date.
- Ensure adequate trained First Aid cover and provisions on site at all times.
- Ensure Directors and Managers are aware of their legal requirements and identify to them any shortfalls in the safety management system.
- Monitor, audit and review policies and procedures to ensure current legislative requirements are met and safe systems of work are being maintained.
- Ensure environmental information is available for review.
- Carry out external and internal environmental audits to ensure the company meets the required standards.
- Implement and maintain the company risk assessment management system and carry out risk assessments for working procedures and operating equipment. Determine and advise on acceptable risk levels.
- Provide information to inspectors and emergency services, as appropriate.
- Provide support during customer audits.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are investigated and corrective actions are implemented to prevent recurrence. Provide relevant information to insurance brokers.
- Identify training needs and deliver training and awareness sessions to encourage a minimum risk site is maintained.
- Ensure all new starters are fully inducted to site to minimise potential safety and health risks and records of attendance to be fed back to HR.
- Maintenance of first aid provision, training and supplies.
- Collation and presentation of statistics of injury or ill health at work
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, gained within a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment desired.
- Formal H&S qualification, minimum degree level.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors or customers.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
Why apply through us:
- We will help you with your CV and interview preparation
- We will update you on the interview process and provide more information on the role
If you are not quite interested in this role but looking for something similar, please contact us for a confidential discussion on the roles we currently have.