R.T. Lane Recruitment
Awesome opportunity for a Senior or Staff level Engineer looking to develop their people management skills and work to wards a career in Engienering Management
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in day to day leadership of the business unit, and positively contribute to the Engineering team, driving engagement activities.
- People and performance Management:
- Coach and mentor the engineering group.
- Resource Management
- Lead the continuous improvement activities.
- Drive RFT & Manufacturing Loss improvements within the value stream.
- Quality Issues: Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance. Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the operations function.
- Engage and participate in supporting the delivery of Business unit’s KPI’s.
- Oversee the development of operational standards to be used in the plant for capacity evaluations, budget planning and as a basic for operational measures (Key performance indicator).
- Continuously improve the performance of the business by providing technical solutions to operations issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to the business unit on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
What You Need:
- Ideally 4 years relevant experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment, and ideally previous supervisory experience.
- B.S in Engineering, Science discipline required or a related degree.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- Proven experience practicing Lean tools.
- Business understanding of operations and their impacts essential.
- High level of skill with Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
- An ability to facilitate a team of engineers to deliver a specific objective.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.