R.T. Lane Recruitment
€38~€48 PH. Initial 18-month contract role.
The Engineering Document Control (EDC) Lead is responsible for the timely and accurate turnover management of engineering documents, drawings and P&IDs from the A/E Firm to End User. The scope of the engineering documents on this project are Vendor Turn Over Packages (VTOPs), Trade Turn Over Packages (TTOPs), Drawings and P&IDs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring correct Supplier Documentation Index (SDI) definition per Vendor and Trade.
- Coordinating review of drawings and documents as applicable (e.g. Engineering, C&Q, Maintenance, Automation).
- Ensuring all company sign-offs of turnover packs in a timely manner, as per project schedule requirements.
- Expediting closure of all queries and comments from document reviews.
- Defining new process for management of process using electronic documents only (i.e. no paper, electronic copies only).
- Ensuring CM maintains the project “as-built” drawings.
- Adhering to project schedule targets, particularly those associated with the handover of documentation at both Mechanical Completion (Green Tag) and Commissioning and Qualification (Blue Tag) phases.
- Ensuring documents are uploaded as they become available, in a progressive manner, to level review and approval resource requirements and prevent bottle necks.
- Tracking progress using KPIs, e.g. document submissions from vendors, % complete of each VTOP/TTOP, review and approval status, due dates for completion, etc.
- Managing an Issue Resolution tracker to be used to track all potential issues, delays, etc.
- Adequately resourcing document TTOP review process, to allow for peaks and troughs, to ensure no backup of progress.
- Auditing VTOP/TTOP content quality throughout the process, to ensure alignment with expected standards.
- Ensuring as-built P&IDs for all elements of project. (In Smart format and in Non-Smart CAD – AutoCAD 2019 is the current set-up format, with associated company layers.
- Incorporating all intervening company site changes to any existing P&IDs, including all x-ref changes.
- Ensuring redraft of all Vendor P&IDs to company format.
- Ensuring all project A/E and Vendor drawings are handed over in the correct format.
- Ensuring all turnover packs, drawings and P&IDs are correctly and accurately uploaded to Meridian.
- 8-10 years industry experience in Capital Projects or similar.
- Level 8 degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Engineering.
- Project is paperless, it uses an electronic document management system so familiarity with this is an advantage.