Dublin. €42~53 per hour. Initial 12-month contract role.
Primarily remote role with occasional site visits.
Working with and reporting to the Communications and Change Lead, the position will provide communication support to the various Medical Device Franchises as well as the EU MDR workstream leads. Connection points will be with R&D, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Quality, Clinical, Medical, Government Affairs & Policy, and Finance. The EU Medical Devices Regulation (EU MDR) ensures high standards of quality and safety for medical devices that are being produced in or supplied into Europe. EU MDR will establish a robust, transparent, predictable and sustainable regulatory framework for medical devices to ensure a high level of health and safety whilst supporting innovation. EU MDR is relevant to any organisation producing or supplying medical device products into Europe.
The Communications Manager will be a well-rounded and excellent communicator with a passion for telling effective stories and building narratives. They will support the Communications and Change Lead in partnering with SMEs and business leads collecting technical information to develop campaigns, narratives, and communication assets for different sets of internal and external audiences. They will help to build awareness and stakeholder engagement using a variety of channels and formats with a strong focus on digital communications.
- Support the development and implementation of global-scale matrixed communications for the EU MDR program, targeting internal and external audiences.
- Work collaboratively with other program and communication leads to map the needs of our external audience and facilitate engagement and governance.
- Support the development and delivery of content for an EU MDR global roadshow to be held in Q3 2022 including: theme, messaging and audience experience.
- Work collaboratively with other program leads / communication leads to ensure aligned and harmonized messaging
- Write and edit EU MDR content for newsletters, websites, knowledge transfer, and marketing-materials.
- Create and maintain an EU MDR editorial calendar, working across franchises and workstreams to build out a comprehensive content schedule.
- Leverage data and insights from stakeholders to inform content and messaging.
- Stewardship and maintenance of EU MDR core communication channels including: SharePoint Resource Centre, Yammer, Microsoft Stream.
- Support and develop PMO library of reusable EU MDR communication assets including: PPT templates, video, image library, posters, standard presentations, etc.
- Develop content and deliver knowledge transfer packages about the programs to the business.
- Building partnerships & maintain strong relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Organize and collate stakeholder reviews on communication strategy and adapt as needed
- Investigate additional vehicles / opportunities to communicate information about Programs to the wider company community such as Town Halls, Virtual seminars, Podcasts, internal publications
- Provide regular status updates.
Qualifications & Background
- 5-10 years’ experience in communications within large scale global organizations.
- Level 8 relevant degree
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills and an ability to grasp/translate technical content into written work fit for different audience sets.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and effective content, including the ability to turn data into visuals that convey the key messages and to communicate complex information effectively and accurately.
- “Digital native” with a strong knowledge of different communication tools (web, social media, newsletter tools).
- Experience in employee communications linked to organisational change would be beneficial.
- Experience across both internal and external communications and across different regions/geographies would be an advantage.
- Candidate must be self-driven and open to learning new systems and tools.
- Individual must work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively take on leadership roles.
- They must possess analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills while working in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment.
- Strong business partnering, team building, and influencing skills are preferred.
- Ability to find consensus among a wide range of opinions and to work with different functions, teams and seniority levels.
- Possesses exceptional communication skills and acumen to lead the appropriate program discussions with stakeholders, senior leaders and governance/decision making forums; produces and presents clear status reports in a tactful and candid manner.