R.T. Lane Recruitment
The Clinical Manager will play a key role in the management and development of clinical services
and associated services in attaining a standard of excellence in an ever evolving clinical environment.
Killarney based role
Apply today for full details and detailed Job Spec
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HOLD A VALID WORK VISA FOR IRELAND OR BE AN EU PASSPORT HOLDER.
- Lead out the management of clinical services in a progressive, dynamic and lean
- Consolidate and support the leadership of the clinical management group to
include Triage Nurse team and all Clinical Service team.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of corporate/clinical governance to include risk,
FMD, drugs and therapeutics.
- Lead out the programme for Locum Doctors to ensure full support and follow up
with Medical Directors and Locum Agency.
- Design, develop and implement policies and procedures reflecting best practice to
support clinical service delivery throughout the organisation.
- Support, assist and facilitate colleagues in achieving highest possible outcomes in
the clinical service.
- Support the culture of continuous improvement through the identification and
provision of appropriate programmes of development.
- Liaise with Senior clinicians, Medical Directors to support the clinical functions of
- Function as a role model, promote best practice in the delivery of care, and provide
clinical expertise and support within the teams.
- Encourage a culture of openness and participation through effective
- Participate in the setting of budgets, ensuring that agreed budgets are managed
effectively, working within the constraints of budgets and provide monthly reports
to the General Manager.
- Match activity levels with staffing and take responsibility for staff, appraisal, training
- Proactive engagement with relevant clinical stakeholders.
- Oversee pharmaceutical supply chain management, inventory levels, and service
usage in line with lean principles.
- Meeting strict deadlines and KPIs as set out by the General Manager.
The post holder for the Clinical Manager role will have:
- A professional qualification e.g. RGN
- A minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- Experience of clinical governance
- A flexible approach to attendance on duty and ability to travel as required
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Team working
- Training and Development
- Quality and Compliance and Recognised Standards
- Strategic thinking and planning
- People management
- Communication skills
- Working on their own initiative
- Independent decision maker with ability to work on own initiative