Our Client, a medical device manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner to join their Supply Chain Team.
The planner / buyer will be responsible for supporting planning, purchasing, warehousing and logistic teams. As an integral part of the Supply Chain team, this person will work directly with Suppliers, Operations, Finance and Engineering to ensure excellent customer service levels while minimizing inventory investments.
Salary: 45-53K plus 8% bonus, benefits
Location: Galway or Shannon
- Lead, develop and motivate a multi-skilled team and manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Provide direction, supervision and assignment of workload.
- Manage and coordinate activities within the Supply Chain team to resolve problems that arise in relation to delivery, planning, capacity, raw materials and packaging, specifications, service level agreements.
- Work closely with Operations, Warehouse, Planning and Distribution partners to ensure orders ship on time and in full.
- Work with Operational Leadership Team to address day-to-day tactical supply chain issues.
- Using problem solving skills, lead cross-functional teams to lean out processes and execute cost savings initiatives.
- Foster cooperation and effective communications between the supply chain team and other functions within and outside the organization.
- Continually improve material and information data flow from suppliers through manufacturing to distribution centers to maximize efficiency and customer service.
- Assist in development of site Planning, Purchasing, Warehouse & Logistic budgets. Control expenses within the established guidelines.
- Participate in developing, implementing and communicating goals and objectives to improve Supply Chain performance.
- Performance reporting
- BBA or equivalent experience, APICS certification preferred
- 3 years Planning in a manufacturing environment, experience in Medical Device Manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to quickly and accurately generate action requirements based on Planning System outputs.
- Excellent Spreadsheet skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ERP systems experience required.
- Understanding of MRP and MRP II techniques, principles and concepts required.
- Excellent communications skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels
- Must be a self-starter, self-managed, an effective team player and possess excellent analytical / problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems, make sound decisions and work independently under the pressure of a heavy workload with significant time restrictions.
- Needs good understanding of the manufacturing process (from raw materials to finished product), sound accounting principles, inventory control and paperwork flow necessary to be able to function responsibly in this position.
- New product introduction / product transfer experience.