Initial 12-month contract role. Hybrid (3 days onsite, 2 remote).
We are currently seeking to expand our growing Business Excellence team. This role provides an exciting opportunity to shape, embed & sustain continuous improvement processes/programs in line with company standards at the growing site in Cork, Ireland.
• Working as part of a customer focused, high performing team, deliver transformational change including design and optimisation of business processes and introduction of new and efficient ways of working
• Working with customers to develop insights and identify opportunities for high impact change and subsequently lead and deliver sustainable, meaningful improvement projects.
• Shape and lead site-wide change programs through lean & six sigma methodologies.
• Coaching of Business Excellence Partners and Business Excellence Specialists shape, embed & sustain continuous improvement processes/programs in line with existing company standards, e.g., Standard Work, 6S, Digital Performance Management, A3 Problem Solving and Value Stream Mapping.
• Embed & sustain ‘Managing Site Performance’ business process standard on site.
• Lead company TIPs & mentor initiative leads on company methodology.
• Develop and cultivate a continuous improvement culture.
• Enhance the involvement and engagement of employees in process improvements.
• Ensure all company continuous improvement projects are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, quality-focused, and effective manner.
Key Competencies Required:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Innovative, adaptable and collaborative approach to business challenges
• Incorporates different perspectives, backgrounds, and talent to generate effective ideas or solutions and engage in open and constructive conversations, focused on high-performance teams
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proven problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Serve as a role model for making Credo-based decisions, helping others understand the value of Credo-based decisions.
Qualifications and experience
• Third level 8 degree or equivalent qualification in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
• At least 5 years’ experience leading and delivering operational excellence or transformational change programmes.
• A formal certification in Lean, Master Black belt or Black belt
• Proven track record in leading significant project and/or change initiatives that have delivered breakthrough results for an organization.
• Experience of people development, coaching and mentoring
• Strong cross-functional business acumen and demonstrated ability to lead the delivery of cross functional projects.
• Previous experience in a process improvement role in industries such as Banking, Telecommunications, Utilities, Healthcare, Public Sector, Manufacturing, Pharma.
• Strong Project Management skills – PMP/ Prince II certifications an advantage
• Knowledge of process automation and associated digital technologies
• Previous consulting experience desirable.