construction; project management
Civil / Building Engineer
If you are a Chartered Engineer with experience and possess a strong understanding of mechanics and structural design principles, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Degree Level 8 in Civil Engineering or higher, preferably with a focus on Structural Engineering in the syllabus.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Relevant experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Engineer here you will play a vital role in the successful execution of projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents and tender assessments.
- Tendering site investigation works.
- Designing Eurocodes for steel, timber, concrete, and masonry, including overseeing design tasks delegated to design engineers and graduate engineers.
- Handling more complex designs such as deep foundations, transfer structures, torsional beams, and flat slabs.
- Preparing calculation packages for hand-based and computer-based designs and checking calculations carried out by design engineers and graduate engineers.
- Preparation of specification documents.
- Overseeing the preparation of technical reports and collaborating with other disciplines and stakeholders.
- Supervising the development of drawings, reviewing Navisworks and Revit models, and coordinating with other disciplines.
- Effective communication with other members of the design team.
- Following our quality management procedures, including timesheet management and mentoring junior team members in QMS procedures.
- Adhering to our Safety Manual.
- Preparation of designer assessment of risk forms and liaising with the PSDP.
- Conducting site inspections, preparing BCAR reports, and assisting in ancillary certificate preparations.
We are looking for candidates with the following key skills:
- Excellent understanding of the basics of mechanics and a strong grasp of complex structural design principles. Able to assist both graduate and design engineers in their understanding of mechanics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage delegated tasks to ensure timely delivery. Proficient in delegating and monitoring tasks for junior team members.
- Ability to keep track of deadlines and project milestones.
- Assist with project financial management, including WBS, invoicing and periodic reviews. Understands fee proposals and project scopes.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to use finite element packages such as Autodesk Robot, Tekla Structural Designer, CADS A3D, and other standalone design packages, including CADS Masonry panel designer and Tedds Designs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.