Initial 11-month contract role with view to long term.
2 cycle shift role: Week 1 (Mon Tues Fri Sat Sun) Week 2 (Wed Thurs) – 12 hour days (7am – 7pm).
The position is in the Biochemistry and Early Development Stability Sciences Team in the Analytical Development Department. The Separations Lab is responsible for CSDS Red and Non-Red, HPLC, CIEF and UV analysis. 12 people on the team, conducting testing for approx. 40 active products from discovery to late products going into development. The lab is considered best in class in relation to the molecules coming into the pipeline. Very innovative and varied role, exposed to lots of prospective therapies and new technologies. In addition to testing, the role will involve investigations/reporting. The team also liaise with Method Development teams in Europe and the US.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Maintain Lab cleanliness standards to ensure Lab is always audit ready in line with Lab 6S Program
- Ensure Training is completed in a timely fashion. In time, assist in the training/mentoring of new Analysts
- Perform analytical testing for the Separations Team in BTDS AD Cork in line with the above-mentioned techniques including all peripheral activities i.e. solution prep
- Perform data review, interpretation, and trending or Separations data
- Contribute to proper use, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP’s and official documentation.
- Independently write/revise SOP’s or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Participate/Lead in Laboratory investigations as applicable
- Escalation of Laboratory issues to team lead in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as designated by Team Lead
- Take an active role in Continuous Improvement and drive improvement initiatives in line with Laboratory CI Team
Education and Experience/Competencies
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related scientific field.
- Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership as required.
- Technology experience is beneficial. Experience in HPLC / Empower ideally