Initial 12-month contract role. X2 cycle shift @ 20% shift allowance. 7am~7pm daily: Week 1 (Mon Tues Fri Sat Sun) Week 2 (Wed Thurs)
The position is in the Biochemistry and Early Development Stability Sciences Team in the Analytical Development Department. The Separations Lab is responsible for CSDS Red and Non-Red, HPLC, CIEF and UV analysis.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that EHS standards are met at all times on site, adhering to appropriate PPE and COVID-19 measures and guidance
- Maintain Lab cleanliness standards to ensure Lab is always audit ready in line with Lab 6S Program
- Ensure Training is completed in a timely fashion. In time, assist in the training/mentoring of new Analysts
- Perform analytical testing for the Separations Team in BTDS AD Cork in line with the above-mentioned techniques including all peripheral activities (i.e. solution prep
- Perform data review, interpretation, and trending or Separations data
- Contribute to proper use, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP’s and official documentation.
- Independently write/revise SOP’s or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Participate/Lead in Laboratory investigations as applicable
- Escalation of Laboratory issues to team lead in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as designated by Team Lead
- Take an active role in Continuous Improvement, identify and drive improvement initiatives in line with Laboratory CI Team
Education and Experience/Competencies
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related scientific field.
- Customer focus and result driven.
- Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- Efficient and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership as required.