Accounts and Payroll Officer
Manage the payroll function to work effectively to meet statutory requirements.
- Process all payroll requirements efficiently across the organisations set out above.
- Process up to date payroll reports and financial reports as required by management.
- Collecting, calculating and entering data in order to maintain payroll information.
- Ensure payroll complies with regulations.
- Resolving any discrepancies.
- Maintaining policies and procedures for payroll operations.
- Year-end processing.
- Overall achievement of key performance indicators as set out for the department and accomplishment of project completions in a timely manner.
- Bring improvements to the Time Management System functionality to avoid and eliminate manual interventions.
- Assist with populating and updating rotas where necessary
- Evaluate plans, policies, procedures and standards, developing and implementing new administration systems.
- Be responsible for all reporting and statistical analysis in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Provide Senior Management reporting to fulfil Board of Director and corporate governance requirements.
- Accurate and methodical reporting with a view to cost containment.
- Development and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting
- financial information and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of reporting for the organisation.
- Analyse internal payroll processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Determine improvement initiatives and streamlining and structure of processes.
- Liaise with patients, insurers, doctors and any other third parties where necessary.
- Liaise with management to work with external service providers to develop and implement streamlined reporting structures.
- Responsibility for maintaining all documentation and records that may be required for audit purposes.
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards.
- Completing internal audits as specified to include the audit of payroll processing.
- Oversee and update the Asset Registers List.
- Full analysis and reporting of cost centres.
The Accounts and Payroll Officer may from time to time be required to carry out tasks in addition
to your normal duties but such tasks will be both reasonable and within capabilities. The Accounts
and Payroll Officer shall observe and comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from
time to time given by management.
- Work as part of a team, and support colleagues in other functions if and when required.
- To undertake any ad hoc duties associated with the business function.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all internal and external parties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to perform accurately and methodically.
- Maintain the organisations strict code of confidentiality in all dealings.
- Keep updated on all developments associated with the post.
- Adhere to the organisations ethos of flexibility and co-operation.
Nature of Work
The post holder will through ongoing liaison with management ensure the effective running of the Payroll function, financial, business and developmental components of the service.
The Accounts and Payroll Officer will report to the Business Manager.
The Accounts and Payroll Officer will attend meetings as required and will be in regular communication through standards development, informal progress meetings, written reports, general discussions etc.
Person specification – Post Holder Attributes, Qualities & Education
- Previous experience in fast moving, flexible and deadline driven financial environment.
- Strong Microsoft, Excel, Power Point and IT skills.
- Payroll Processing Knowledge.
- Experience f working in a payroll bureau.
- Solid grasp of mathematics.
- Strong reporting experience.
- Strong understanding of current regulations and impending legislative changes.
- Extensive knowledge of in-house software programmes.
- Accounting Technician qualification or greater.
- IPASS experience.
- PAYE Modernisation experience.
- Extensive accounting experience from industry.
- Highly numerate and possess excellent keyboard skills.
- Good organisation and administrative skills.
- Understanding of the need to respect confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be self-managed and results driven.
- Flexible attendance on duty
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.