The company supplies both the Irish and UK markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. It also manufactures timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector and operates several CHP and wood pellet manufacturing plants.
It has over 900 employees with plants in Ireland and uk
Due to expansion, we are recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join our site team, based in Cork, reporting to the Plant Manager.
We are seeking ambitious, forward thinking, high achievers seeking continued growth and progression.
If You are looking for a challenging career and the opportunity to work on interesting projects with one of the most successful timber processors, then beginning your career as a graduate in here can help you achieve your ambition
The role will involve working on projects to support the production process through continuous improvement and root cause analysis
The candidate will work within a high-tech and industrial manufacturing environment with a strong focus on Safety, Quality, Output and Equipment performance. Areas of opportunity to add value, exist throughout log grading, primary breakdown, kiln drying and secondary processing
- Deliver world class performance on critical success indicators
- Develop solutions to problems, utilizing statistical knowledge and problem-solving tools as well as developing strategies to prevent the recurrence of the problem in future.
- Use data extraction, datamining and analysis skills to identify trends/outliers to reduce process variation and drive corrective action plans.
- Partner with the Engineering team to troubleshoot equipment and process issues
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in production areas which will improve the operational performance.
- Identify innovative solutions to problems and influence required stakeholders to drive/implement change.
- Work with equipment suppliers to drive innovative changes to improve equipment reliability
- Work alongside all teams on site including management, production and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Produce reports and develop KPI’s to measure and manage performance of the site.
- Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- KPI focused
- Leadership and influencing skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.