A leading multinational medical device manufacturing company located in Cork, is looking to recruit Principal EHS Engineer – an expert level professional. Successful candidate will focus on providing expertise, EHS leadership and support to the business. Seen as a subject matter expert for EHS onsite and across the region and key contributor to the EHS strategy. This role mentors and supports the site to ensure delivery of the EHS strategy and processes that meet business needs.
- Maintenance of EHS management system in line with internal and regulatory requirements ensuring procedures and other documents are kept up to date.
- Preparation and delivery of training programmes including induction and job specific EHS topics
- Conducts regular EHS inspections and audits to monitor the effectiveness of the EHS management system and highlight any areas for attention/action.
- Preparation of EHS reports/metrics for both internal and external stakeholders
- Leads on EHS issues, stays abreast of evolving standards and technological solutions. Readily shares expertise with others
- Leads the Emergency Response Programme ensuring the procedures, resources and training are in place to deal with all likely emergency scenarios on site
- Ensures a robust EHS incident investigation process is in place. Monitors incident trends identifying areas requiring action. Leads investigations as necessary.
- Assesses the EHS impact of proposed changes to plant, process, equipment etc. and identifies actions to ensure compliance and risk control.
- Ensures effective risk assessment and risk reduction programmes are in place for the site
- Monitors EHS legislation ensuring site compliance with current and future requirements as necessary.
- Maintains waste management requirements and environmental monitoring programme in line with licence requirements
- Leads EHS projects on site and/or across Ireland UK region as required and supports cross functional teams
- Collaborates with site leadership to ensure alignment on priority EHS issues and plans to address same.
- Promotes and supports a culture of accountability and collaboration in relation to safety and environmental performance and expectations
- Manages spend in line with budget and drives efficiencies and cost savings across EHS service and equipment providers.
- Third level qualification (minimum NFQ 8) in EHS, Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ongoing professional development in the area of EHS desirable
- 6+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent (6 years minimum within an engineering or science related role with NFQ 7)
- Exceptional EHS experience and implementation of processes/systems to ensure regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret EHS/regulatory requirements and lead programmes to meet requirements and bring performance to the next level.
- Experience in leading cross functional project teams.
- Proven strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- Extensive experience in implementing and maintaining EHS management systems.
- Comprehensive experience in dealing with EHS regulators e.g. H.S.A., E.P.A, Local Councils etc.
- Relevant professional body qualification or accreditations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management and organisational skills.
- Autonomous decision maker and can be the go to person for other team members
- No supervisor responsibilities but may deputise for the leader in their absence
- Directs work activities, projects based on a clear understanding of stakeholder and customer needs.
- Works to identify and implement process improvements associated with EHS systems and procedures
- Actively seeks feedback to enhance performance and contribution.
- Promotes sharing of expertise and a free flow of EHS information across the organisation.
- Works collaboratively to identify the behaviours, knowledge and skills required to achieve goals; identifies specific areas for feedback, coaching and development.
- Monitors and encourages fellow team members to ensure high performance.
On offer: Salary 70-86K plus 12% bonus, Permanent contract, benefits, Training and development, Career progression
If you are looking for a similar role in Cork or around Ireland please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 022 26006