Manufacturing Engineer- Cork
Excellent opportunity available in Cork, with a start up Manufacturing enviornment.
Role will suit somone with strong hands on Manufacturing experience and comfortable bringing a Product from Design Verification and Product Validation builds into commercial builds.
Do you like projects and day to day manuafcturing duties?
Apply today or call Rachel Lane for a discreet conversation around the role 087 9669394
- Controls and optimizes existing manufacturing processes - Conducts time studies of the process
- Assists with standardization, efficiency and work flow optimization, and cost reduction
- Supports the companys lean initiatives (5S, TPM, Standard Work, Gemba, etc.)
- Coordinates the activities of in-house service groups and outside suppliers for machine, equipment, tool and fixture fabrication
- Assists the global manufacturing engineering team with the introduction of new manufacturing processes and equipment to production
- Updates and maintains pFMEA documentation
- Improves and maintains systems to keep process parameters within acceptable tolerances; this includes environmental control where applicable
- Participates in and supports the daily operations accountability process
- Performs time studies to establish standards for production activities
- Assesses workload, writes specific task assignments, follows up to assure timely completion
What your background should look like:
- Engineering level 8 / 7degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Demonstrated diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated attention to safety
- Must be able to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Must be willing to travel to local worksite
- Demonstrated time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of or ability to learn all operations utilizing the equipment in assigned area
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and related software applications; order processing systems; project management software, manufacturing software and database software
- Knowledge of CAD software a plus