Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Galway
R.T.Lane Recruitment are urgently looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for an expanding Medical Devices company in the Galway area.
This Senior role will have responsibility for supporting Operations and for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility. This role will suit someone with previous experience of leading and mentoring a team.
Fantastic role in a company entering into a period of exciting growth following recent investment by their new owners.
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan. Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Champion compliance to Creganna Medical systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent, with 5-10yrs experience in a high volume demanding production environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem solving team.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions .