Automation and Control Engineer
R.T.Lane Recruitment are actviely seeking an Automation and Controls Engineer for a 12 month Fixed term contract in Limerick.
To own, engineer, implement and maintain highly capable & effective automated manufacturing processes that meet business goals and objectives.
This is an opportunity within a large US multi-national Medical Devices company.
- Provide design, technical and operational support to all operations’ processes
- Problem Solve and Debug of Manufacturing systems.
- Backup all PLC programs plant wide
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for support debugging and improvement projects.
- Develop, debug and validate control system software programs such as NC programming, cognex,vision, Oracle DB, PLC, HMI etc.
- Analyse, understand, fault find and modify automation software
- Review/Approval of all Computer Systems/Software Validation Documentation.
- Take ownership of existing control systems on site, become an expert in these systems, and initiate value improvement projects.
- Prepare software design specifications, and associated documentation for equipment and systems.
- Implement code changes to the automation systems under change control.
- Lead initiatives in the standardization of automated systems and equipment
- Develop URS and FDS documents for existing equipment
- Preparation of engineering standards/specifications for the plant
- Demonstrate good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements
- Work as member of a core team to help resolve open issues drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- Ensure Quality compliance for all in house and contract maintenance activities.
- Liaise with maintenance technicians re project and process engineering work.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.), with a minimum of 10 years automation experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations and legislation.
- A proven track record in designing, commissioning , validating and maintaining PLC, SCADA, DCS and equivalent type systems.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills using recognised methodologies, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Project Management skillset would be a distinct advantage.
- A confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
Please call Rachel Lane for more details on 022 46969 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org