Laboratory Quality Control Manager Cork
R.T.Lane Recruitment have a fabulous opportunity available for a QC Lab Manager to join an expanding and very well known Dairy plant in North Cork
Excellent opportunity to progress. and will suit an excellent people manager interested in the development of their teams.
Manage the Central Lab Quality Control Laboratory to provide consistency and excellence in material testing, safely producing test results with the highest integrity, that are accurate and timely, in a cost-efficient manner, for both external and internal customers.
Core responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
· Planning: Responsible for the efficient implementation of approved sampling plans for the process (including raw material, in-process and finished goods) to agreed turnaround times.
· People: Recruit, manage, train and develop the QC teams ensuring they operate in a safe manner and to documented SOPs.
· Cost: Overall ownership and responsibility of the development & delivery of the Lab finances within budget.
· Purchasing: Responsible for procurement of Lab equipment, consumables and services.
· Day to day responsibility for the laboratory activity and equipment maintenance.
· Quality: Development & maintenance of the lab QMS and accreditation standards.
· Metrics: Reporting of accurate, trusted results underpinned by QC controls, SPC and proficiency performance.
Ø Strong interpersonal, communication, coaching and training skills.
Ø Ability to effectively manage and engage large teams.
Ø Demonstrated customer focus.
Ø Has the ability to plan and prioritise own and the work of team.
Ø A positive, can-do, resilient and flexible attitude;
- Demonstrated excellent QC technical competence and hands on experience with Laboratory equipment and new method introduction within a regulated environment.
- The capacity to effectively analyse issues and problem solve in accordance with our CI philosophy.
- Results-orientated, data driven with a proven record of achievement;
3+ years’ experience in QC Management in Dairy, Food, Pharma or equivalent sector. 3rd Level qualification in relevant discipline.