Senior EHS Engineer
Staff EHS Engineer urgently required for very busy manufacturing facility in the Cork area.
Seen as a subject matter expert for EHS onsite and across the region. This role mentors and supports less experienced colleagues in order to ensure delivery of EHS strategy and processes that meet business needs.
- Maintenance of EHS management system in line with internal and regulatory requirements ensuring procedures and other documents are kept up to date.
- Preparation and delivery of training programmes including induction and job specific EHS topics
- Conducts regular EHS inspections and audits to monitor the effectiveness of the EHS management system and highlight any areas for attention/action.
- Preparation of EHS reports/metrics for both internal and external stakeholders
- Advises on EHS issues, stays abreast of evolving standards and technological solutions. Readily shares expertise with others
- Coordinates the Emergency Response Programme ensuring the procedures, resources and training are in place to deal with all likely emergency scenarios on site
- Ensures a robust EHS incident investigation process is in place. Monitors incident trends identifying areas requiring action. Leads investigations as necessary.
- Assesses the EHS impact of proposed changes to plant, process, equipment etc. and identifies actions to ensure compliance and risk control.
- Ensures effective risk assessment and risk reduction programmes are in place for the site
- Monitors EHS legislation ensuring site compliance with current and future requirements as necessary.
- Maintains waste management requirements and environmental monitoring programme in line with licence requirements
- Leads EHS projects on site and/or across Ireland UK region as required and supports cross functional teams
- Maintains regular interaction with site leadership to ensure alignment on priority EHS issues and plans to address same.
- Promotes and supports a culture of accountability and collaboration in relation to safety and environmental performance and expectations
- Manages spend in line with budget and identifies opportunities for cost savings
- All other duties as assigned
- Third level qualification (minimum NFQ 8) in EHS, Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ongoing professional development in the area of EHS desirable
- 4-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent (6 years minimum within an engineering or science related role with NFQ 7)
- Strong EHS expertise
- Ability to interpret EHS/regulatory requirements and lead programmes to meet requirements and bring performance to the next level.
- Experience in leading cross functional project teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- Extensive experience in implementing and maintaining EHS management systems.
- Experienced in dealing with EHS regulators e.g. H.S.A., E.P.A, Local Councils etc.
- Relevant professional body qualification or accreditations..
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management and organisational skills.
- Autonomous decision maker and can be the go to person for other team members
- No supervisor responsibilities but may deputise for the leader in their absence