R.T Lane Recruitment are currently resourcing a Buyer/Planner for a permanent role with a Global Medical Devices company in theCork area.
We also have similar roles in Galway and Wexford.
- Manage the supply of inventory/non-BOM materials ensuring a high standard of customer service without disruption to the production plan.
- Inventory Management – manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio.
- Management of any VMI or consignment models.
- Identify and challenge safety stock levels, MOQ’s, component leadtimes, etc as part of inventory management.
- Measure & report stock outs, material shortages.
- Maintain item master data, i.e. lead times, minimum order qty/order multiple, safety stock levels, etc to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times.
- Ensure and maintain realistic dates on PO’s for accuracy of information to Production, Planning and Customer Service at all times.
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required, ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets.
- Action MRP messages effectively and efficiently, within the agreed timeframe.
- Timely release of purchase orders in line with MRP.
- Achieve agreed OTD (On Time Delivery) targets.
- Achieve PPV and cost savings targets.
- Third level qualification with 3+ years experience in buyer / planner roles.
- Thorough knowledge of day to day practises within MRP II environment.
- IIPMM or APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
- Conversant with company policies/ procedures/ regulatory and FDA standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant, independent.
- Ability to project manage, work under pressure and meet agreed and often tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills from both administrative and hands on standpoints .
- High level of energy & discipline, commanding respect by demonstrating ability.
- Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
- Proven negotiator.
- To be flexible and willing to carry out overtime as required. To carry out any other duties as requested by the Department Manager.
- To comply with Company Policies & Procedures at all times.
Please call Rachel Lane for more detais on 022 46969 or email email@example.com
For a full job spec and more information on this role, plus others, please Contact Rachel Lane 022 46969